Archive

Wednesday, November 10, 2010



Baby's first Halloween.

This year over break week I got the opportunity to go home for Halloween. It was beautiful. Fall this time of year is stunning in Newfoundland and I got to be there with Kennedy for her first Halloween. That baby is beautiful. She is so smart and changes so quickly. Watching her and how she observes the big world around her,  just diving in then wheeling back quickly to make sure someones there for her. What an amazing little thing. Seeing Kennedy take in this day was great. So much awe. It was like she knew what was happening and got it so quick. Going from door to door, she insisting on walking then getting her little bucket. She was the cutest butterfly around.  I could go on about her for hours. I'll spare that part for now.

Aside from Christmas, Halloween happens to be the most favorite of holidays. I thank my dad for that, because he goes all out. From the time I was a child he's been into making things scary and spooky, popping out of things or just making subtle movements enough to freak people out. That thrill of seeing someone terrified so you can laugh at it later. I get it from him and I enjoy it. I'm not going to be there for Christmas this year, so getting to enjoy another Halloween made it the perfect transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment